Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bogue Banks, NC contest 08

The trip started with Scooter 'storyeller' Hayes premiere of his movie "LAGOONIES" in Wilmington, NC. The movie is about his 3 year stay in Laguna Beach, CA, where he was the head of the shipping department at Victoria Skimboards. Just one word: HILARIOUS.
Not only funny, but also good quality of image, really good clips...
The video by itself is 30 min long, but there's a lot of "bonus".
Everybody in the theatre were laughing hard for about an hour long.
We cannot wait for the Premiere in Laguna.
Scooter also ended WINNING the contest in his category "master".
SO... Congratulation to Scooter for both his video and his performance.
The conditions were NOT the best to skimboard (small wave and strong wind) but everybody did their best to keep the good show on the beach.
Concerning me (Matthieu), I kind of expecting it... But my heel (that I hurt pretty bad at Aliso a week ago) didn't hold for the contest. The pain was really present and did not allow me to skim good enough to pass :(
Now I have 2 weeks to take it easy and recover for next contest.
However the week end was A LOT of fun!!!
Big thanks for Skim USA for the good organisation again

PS: Some pics are coming as soon as I got back to Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment